I wear many hats, as you will see from the information on this page. If you don’t want to know about me, feel free to hit the “back” button at any time, so you don’t get bored by this list!
I grew up in Oxford, Maine, was graduated from Oxford Hills High School in 1984, and attended the University of Maine in Orono, Maine where I received my Bachelor’s in Mathematics in 1988 and Master’s in Mathematics in December of 1990. I now live in the small town of Kingfield, Maine in the Western Mountains. The following gives you a good picture of what my life is like.
- The most important thing about me is that I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. I grew up in a Christian home, and believed in Christ at an early age. Although I currently am actively involved in a church that bears the name “Baptist”, the important piece is that I am a Christian.
- I am a husband and father. My wife, Kathy, and I were married on August 22, 1987. We have six wonderful children, made up of 5 boys and 1 girl. The oldest is married, and the youngest is (currently) 5 years old. All of our children are homeschooled.
- My “real” job is that of a mathematics teacher at Mt. Abram Regional High School in Salem Township, Maine. I began teaching at Mt. Abram in 1991, and have been there to this day. In addition to teaching, I also coach the math team which I started when I began teaching.
- I am the founder and senior partner of C-Prompt Computers, LLC in New Vineyard, Maine. C-Prompt is a full service computer store that also carries a large inventory of computer components. We build new computers, sell laptops, and service most Windows based computers. You can find more information on us by following the links on the sidebar to C-Prompt.
- In addition to being a Christian, I have also been doing most of the preaching at First Baptist Church in Kingfield, Maine since 1994. Over the years our small church has had its ups and downs, but the people there are committed to being obedient to God and eagerly study the scripture to better understand how we should live. Some people want to attach the title of “Pastor” to what I do, but I have resisted that for many years, primarily because a pastor does far more than preach – the pastor is the shepherd of the flock, and with all the other things I do I cannot also fulfill that role. You can find more information about our church family by clicking the link on the sidebar.
- In addition to coaching the math team at my school, I am also the president of the Central Maine Math League, and the secretary of the Maine Association of Math Leagues, which oversees the entire math competition for the State of Maine. Additionally, I am in responsible for running the Maine State Math Meet each April, which usually brings in about 95 high schools and over 900 students. If you would like more information about the math league, check out the link for “MAML” on the sidebar.
- Over the years I have been heavily involved with the high school math program called “MATHConnections”, published by Its-About-Time publishing in Armonk, NY. I have been a trainer for the company, as well as presenting at various workshops around the country. I was a consultant on the design and writing of the second edition of this book as well.
There are probably other things I could tell you about, but I think this gives you enough to understand a little about who I am and what I do..